Wednesday, December 24

Little Chefs in a Big Kitchen...

I really enjoy cooking and today, Christmas Eve, I have decided is the day that I will prepare the Christmas meal, so that I am not slaving in the kitchen on the day we celebrate Jesus' birth and have a full day of family time!

I began cooking at 7:00 a.m. and by 9:00 a.m. I had some little chefs in the kitchen with me! They were making tea and "2 cups of sugar" cake. The tupperware was set and they were having a picnic in the middle of the kitchen!

After that, we snapped green beans, which they LOVE to do!
Soon after the green beans, they watched as I made the carrot souffle and banana bread.
Then they wanted to help me check the turkey and baste it.
I put on my apron, which I never do because I forget, then Lily wanted an apron ( I had one stored away for THAT moment when she asked for one!) and then I lost Easton's apron, so I took one of my long sleeved shirts and made him an apron as well!


Easton then begged to wash the dishes, Lily put away the dishes that she could reach so that there would be room on the drying rack and after completing that task she began to rinse the dishes that Easton washed. Of course, Mama had an eye on the cleanliness of the dishes as they passed to the drying rack!
We had a fun day and everything but the rolls, dressing, and dessert are ready for Christmas dinner! YIPPEE!!!

MEANWHILE...
Lauren is having a ball looking at the dogs, crawling around, and just being the chill and fun baby that she is! I can't believe that tomorrow is her first Christmas! Oh what fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment