Friday, February 5

Interview with Easton

In the past week, I have just really had a deeper desire to know my precious kids more. I know what they like and their personalities but I just want to hear what they have to say. So, last night the electricity was off so I decided that it was the perfect opportunity to begin the interviews. Easton was first. Here was the scene...electricity was off, he and I sat on my bed under the mosquito net using the light of my headlamp to light my paper. And here is how it went...
Easton how old are you?  "Free" (three)
Favorite color: "wed" (red)
Favorite food: "smashed shatatos" (mashed potatos)
Day of the Week: "wake time" (time to get up)
TV Show: "Schpiderman"  (Spiderman)
Favorite Superhero: "Schpiderman and Shuperman"  (Spiderman and Superman)
**Now the girls have joined us for the interview.**
Rainy or Sunny Day: "sunny"
Noodles or Rice: "nuudles"
When is your birthday?  "next time!"
What do you want to be when you grow up? "strong!"
Where do you want to go on vacation? "in the tar to McDonald's and wide in BIG whitening MTween Tar!" (in the car to McDonald's and ride in a BIG Lightining McQueen Car!"
Favorite Animal: "Zeebwa"
If you could be an animal what would you want to be and why? "wike a zeebwa betaus I want to be in the woad...walk in the woad." (like a zebra because I want to be in the road...walk in the road!)
Favorite place to go and why? "Wusaka betaus my fwiends are in it" (Lusaka because my friends are in it!)
Favorite Holiday: "Tismas, betaus the twee and pwesents!" (Christmas, because the tree and presents!)
Bible Story: "Jesus and Moses betaus he got blood on himself betaus he felled in the wivah." (Jesus and Moses because he got blood on himself because he fell in the river.) He was mixing the stories of the plague of blood and parting of the Red Sea.
What are you looking forward to about America? "aiwpwane and the seats in the aiwpwane" (airplane and the seats)
**Then he decided that he wanted me to draw a circle...now a smiley face..see below what came about!**
I had such a fun time with Easton. He is so precious and I want to cherish each moment with my kids and I hope that this is one way that I can preserve these days with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment