Sunday, October 4

Conversations from the Heart

I love talking to my kids. I am amazed at some of the things that they say and ask. This week was full of awesome conversations. I had to share some of the things that were shared.
Lily's questions and conversations...
Saturday night before we said her bedtime prayers she asked me, "Mama, where are we going to church tomorrow?" I replied, "We are going to Ukhose, the place we went last week." She said, "Why are we going there again?" "Well Lily, the people at Ukhose just now learned about Jesus and invited them into their hearts." "Mama, why did they just NOW know about Jesus?" "Lily, no one had told them about Jesus and Daddy told them and they followed Him." "Why had no one told them before Daddy?" "Well, I guess no one loved them enough to tell them, so we have to show them Jesus' love." "Okay Mama, I want to help them know how to love Jesus."

Mama: Lily if you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
Lily: giraffe
Mama: Why?
Lily: Because they have beautiful brown spots
Mama: What color would you be?
Lily: Pink
Mama: Why?
Lily: Because I like pink shirts, teddy bears, curtains, and skirts.

The Questions of Easton
He peered around the corner of the house with big brown eyes and freshly buzzed hair and said to me," Mama, where is Amerita?" "Well, it is far away." "How do we get there?" "We get there by airplane." "Mama, can we just drive there now?" "No baby, there is a big ocean we have to cross." "Is there an airplane waiting for us now in Wusaka?" "No baby." "Mama, I want to call Mamie to see what she is doing in Amerita and what the kids in Amerita are doing too." "Okay sweet boy."
(We called my mom and he told her all about how he wants to see Amerita. He does not really have any recollection of it, so next year will be a fun time for him!)

NEW DISCOVERY IN THE HELGREN HOUSEHOLD THIS WEEK
It's brown and white and cold.
You can buy it made or make it yourself.
Kids love it and so do their parents.
Can you guess???
CHOCOLATE MILK!!!
I know my kids are sheltered, but they had chocolate milk for the first time and the love it! It was so much better because we had FRESH milk and American chocolate syrup! What a fun treat for all of us! Easton loves to see his milk turn white to chocolaty!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment