Wednesday, September 7

Homefront Update

So many things have been going on at home lately and I have just really enjoyed seeing our kids grow and change and God is really teaching me how to appreciate and love them in unique ways. I can't believe how big they are getting up and how grown up! Here are some fun things that have been going on lately!
Lauren loves to help in the kitchen and I try to find little jobs for her to do that really do help me! Well, I went out on a big limb and taught her how to peel carrots. She did an awesome job! As I left her peeling, I turned back around to see if she was doing okay and she was taking a bowl from the drying rack to peel into so that she didn't make a mess on the counter.


Lily has been learning in school and this week we talked about strip maps in Geography. We learned that they were one of the first forms of maps. Lily made a strip map showing the way from our house to the Nyimba bus station!

Our house is at the bottom, as you travel "west" you pass the small houses, the tall grass, the big tree, the MTN (cell phone network) tower, the "apple" man, the Nyimba council, police, government offices, and the petrol (gas) station! The destination she chose was the bus station! I love her bus that she drew and cut out! It is so neat to see their creativity!
Every morning our kiddos have chores and they love doing them! I just love that every morning, Easton likes to put on his rain boots to feed the dogs and chickens. The morning that I snapped this picture, I stood at the kitchen window and watched Easton as he laughed at the dogs and chased the chickens around the yard. It brought a huge amount of joy to his mama's heart!

1 comment: