Tuesday, March 24

Brown Corn

Last week, Lily runs in the house and says, "Zeria is making brown corn!"
I said, "brown corn? What is brown corn, Lily?"
She replied, "To make brown corn you put the whole thing on the braiser and turn it, turn it, turn it, and then it is done and you eat it!" I was like, what in the world!?
The next day, I asked Zeria what brown corn was and she said, "roasted corn".
AHHH! I did know what "brown corn" was!
Then Zeria said, "the whole time I was roasting the corn, Lily was saying, 'my mama doesn't cook corn like this, she only cooks it on the stove or in the oven, you need to teach her how to cook it like this because this is GOOD!!"
Needless to say, on Sunday at church we received a lot of fresh corn right out of the field, so we roasted it for an afternoon snack! It was so good and kinda tasted like popcorn!

1 comment: